Today’s email marketer has a lot of decisions to make. One of the main decision is whether to utilise cost-per-lead (CPL) or cost-per-impression (CPM) email campaigns.
The question is complicated due to a variety of factors not the least of which is the objective of the campaign. Does the marketer aim to acquire as many leads as possible OR acquire high quality leads?
Let’s evaluate the pros and cons.
CPL Email Campaigns
- Low Risk
- ROI Positive Campaign
- SPAM thy customer – The affiliates you work with might SPAM the customer with your brand in the search for getting more leads. While this helps out in the short term, in the long term it spoils the brand.
CPM Email Campaigns
- High Quality Leads – The customers that fill a form from your email campaign, typically will have higher intent to engage with the brand.
- Reach specific demographics. If you want to reach a specific demographic or consumer target, then CPM performs better than CPL email campaigns.
- CPM email campaigns can be more expensive than CPL email campaigns.
- Landing Page and Flow – Needs to be perfect. The subject line, content of email, landing page flow, form EVERYTHING needs to be perfect to get a high ROI on a CPM campaign.
What do you think? Drop in your comments below!